CORNERSTONE FELLOWSHIP 2020 TRAVEL POLICY
- Foundation for Jewish Camp (FJC) fully subsidizes the cost of all travel arranged, booked and approved by FJC and their contracted third-party travel agency, FCM Travel Solutions, for Fellows, Liaisons, and Directors (or their pre-approved representatives). Participants may not book their own travel to/from the Cornerstone seminar.
- FJC only covers travel costs within North America.
- All participants are expected to participate in the seminar in its entirety (Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 2:00pm ET through Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 10:30am ET). Any exceptions must be pre-approved by FJC, and the participant is responsible for any additional costs incurred by the approved deviations.
- FJC is not responsible for the cost of travel arranged after April 6, 2020(registration close date). After this date, the sponsoring camp will be responsible for the cost of travel.
- Fellows and Liaisons traveling from within 60 miles of New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, and Baltimore are provided coach bus transportation to the Seminar. (Participants select their bus options during registration and will receive travel details prior to the seminar.)
- Director Day attendees traveling from within 60 miles of New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, and Baltimore have the option during registration to request an Amtrak ticket be booked from a nearby train station
- Fellows are not permitted to drive to the Cornerstone Seminar. Liaisons and Director Day attendees may drive, however FJC does not reimburse any participants’ driving expenses.
- Participants will receive an email from an FCM Travel Solutions agent with a proposed travel itinerary after you register for the Cornerstone Seminar. You must reply to that email within 24 hours to confirm or request changes to the itinerary.This ensures the price quoted does not fluctuate.
- All tickets are non-refundable and must originate and depart between home, school, and/or camp.
- Each participant travels independently. We are unable to book group flights or ensure camp cohorts travel together. Flights are booked as each participant registers, subject to airline rules and regulations.
- If you do not arrive for your inbound flight to Baltimore (BWI) or Washington Dulles (IAD) your return ticket is automatically canceled. Any resulting rebooking costs are the participant’s responsibility.
- FJC does not cover the cost of parking or transportation to/from the airport.
- While a single piece of carry-on luggage will be included in all ticket purchases, FJC does not cover checked baggage. It is the responsibility of the participant to double-check their proposed itineraries for hidden baggage fees before confirming their itinerary.
- If you plan to extend or alter your trip in any way, FCM Travel Solutions will ask for your credit card information up-front on the phone to cover the cost associated with a flight outside of the standard Cornerstone parameters. Please be prepared to pay for any additional costs associated with changing or altering your flight as soon as you confirm your itinerary.
- Participants who choose to change their confirmed itineraries for any reason after booking are responsible for any airline change fees or increased ticket charges.
- Any participant canceling Seminar attendance after April 9, 2020 (registration close date) will be responsible for a processing fee of up to $50. If air travel has been booked at the time of cancellation, the participant is responsible for the cost of their airfare. If FJC is unable to recuperate funds from the participant for any costs incurred for changes or cancellations, the camp is ultimately responsible for covering the costs.
- In the event of flight cancellation by the airline, FJC reimburses participants the IRS per diem for each travel day if requested by the participant in writing within 30 days.
DAY OF TRAVEL
- If you experience any flight delays or airline issues on the day of travel, please contact your airline directly to be re-booked on the next available flight. Then immediately contact Cornerstone@jewishcamp.org with any updated travel information.
- Participants may be held responsible for after-hours calls or other fees for contacting FCM Travel Solutions without first attempting to contact the airline directly and alerting FJC.
If you have questions regarding your itinerary once travel is booked, please contact email@example.com.