Here's what's been happening in the camping world this week: Tablet: “The Zionist Dream in the Poconos” http://tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/books/188628/zionis... Read More >
With the continued support of the AVI CHAI Foundation, the Foundation for Jewish Camp is now accepting applications for a third cohort of its highly acclaimed Yitro Leadership Program. Yitro III will provide training for up to twenty Jewish camp assistant and associate directors from a diverse cross section of resident Jewish summer camps, giving them the skills and resources to enhance the Jewish experience at their home camp.
Over the course of nineteen months, participants will convene for five sessions for a total of nineteen days of intensive training. Using experts and recognized leaders from various disciplines, the program will challenge the fellows to widen their lens of Jewish leadership in order to enhance the Jewish culture and experience at their home camps. Furthermore, the Yitro Leadership Program will build a network of camp assistant and associate directors who will support one another in developing their skills as Jewish leaders and educators.
Yitro III Participants will:
- Experience personal and professional growth in order to improve the Jewish experience at their home camp for their campers and staff.
- Hone skills regarding camp staff leadership development, supervision, management and mentorship, while exploring Jewish foundations of these skills.
- Engage in conversation of the vision and mission of his/her camp with his/her camp director.
- Create and implement an individual an action plan in consultation with the Yitro faculty and his/her camp director, focused specifically on enhancing Jewish life at camp.
- Work one on one with a skilled advisor, including a visit from the Yitro faculty advisor during the summer.
- Build a network of colleagues from Jewish camps across North America
For more details about participating in the Yitro Fellowship, please see the program overview.
Fellow application Preview
All application materials must be received no later than 9 pm EST on Tuesday, March 17th. Upon receipt of completed applications, an interview will also be scheduled.
Questions? Please contact Julie Finkelstein, Senior Program Manager: Email: Julie@jewishcamp.org Phone: 646-278-4519
Creating exciting connections between camps and schools, leveraging unique skill sets and best practices for the benefit of both.
Israel at Camp
The Goodman Camping Initiative enhances and expands the modern Israeli historical and cultural teachings at Jewish camp, embedding Israel throughout camp life.