“You’ll see, he won’t want to leave in the end,” my wife, Cynthia, said. “He’s going to have the time of his life.” “Not if his soon-to-be bunkmates see him cryi... Read More >
Following its second cycle, the Yitro Leadership Program has graduated 34 assistant camp directors, many of which are now in director positions at Jewish camps.
The Yitro II Cohort celebrated the completion of their program at their last session together in October 2013 in New York. They were awarded with certificates of completion.
Congratulations to the following 17 camp professionals who graduated from the 2nd cohort of Yitro in the fall of 2013:
- Ezra Androphy, Pinemere Camp, JCCA, Philadelphia, PA
- Daniel Baer, Camp Interlaken JCC, JCCA, Milwaukee, WI
- Kelly Biedinger, URJ Kutz Camp, Warwick, NY
- Gary Brandt, URJ Henry S. Jacobs Camp, URJ, Utica, MS
- Aaron Cantor, Camp Seneca Lake, Independent, Rochester, NY
- Marissa Frankel, URJ Eisner Camp Institute, URJ, Washington Township, NJ
- Beth Kanofsky, URJ Camp Harlam, URJ, Philadelphia, PA
- Drea Lear, Herzl Camp, Independent, Saint Louis Park, MN
- Rachel Levine, B’nai B’rith Perlman Camp, B’nai B’rith, Gaithersburg, MD
- Katie Quinn, Camp Tawonga, JCCA, San Francisco, CA
- Mallory Saks, Camp Poyntelle Lewis Village, JCCA, Bayside, NY
- Rachel Saslove, Camp Mountain Chai, JCCA, San Diego, CA
- Andrea Solomon, URJ Camp Coleman, URJ, Atlanta, GA
- Joshua Sternburg, Camp JRF, Jewish Reconstructionist Federation, Jenkintown, PA
- Seth Toybes, Wilshire Blvd Temple Camps, Independent Reform Camp, Los Angeles, CA
- Michael Wax, B’nai B’rith Beber Camp, B’nai B’rith, Skokie, IL
- Eli Zevin, Camp Alonim, American Jewish University, Los Angeles, CA
Creating exciting connections between camps and schools, leveraging unique skill sets and best practices for the benefit of both.
Israel at Camp
The Goodman Camping Initiative enhances and expands the modern Israeli historical and cultural teachings at Jewish camp, embedding Israel throughout camp life.