Here's what's been happening this week: The Daily Herald (Seattle): “Arlington’s Camp Kalsman fosters Jewish identity the fun way” http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201... Read More >
With the continued support of the AVI CHAI Foundation, the Foundation for Jewish Camp has launched a third cohort of the highly acclaimed Yitro Leadership Program. Yitro III will provide training for Jewish camp assistant and associate directors from a diverse cross section of resident Jewish summer camps, giving them the skills and resources to enhance the Jewish experience at their home camp.
Over the course of nineteen months, participants will convene for five sessions for a total of nineteen days of intensive training. Using experts and recognized leaders from various disciplines, the program will challenge the fellows to widen their lens of Jewish leadership in order to enhance the Jewish culture and experience at their home camps. Furthermore, the Yitro Leadership Program will build a network of camp assistant and associate directors who will support one another in developing their skills as Jewish leaders and educators.
Yitro III Participants will:
• Experience personal and professional growth in order to improve the Jewish experience at their home camp for their campers and staff.
• Hone skills regarding camp staff leadership development, supervision, management and mentorship, while exploring Jewish foundations of these skills.
• Engage in conversation of the vision and mission of his/her camp with his/her camp director.
• Create and implement an individual an action plan in consultation with the Yitro faculty and his/her camp director, focused specifically on enhancing Jewish life at camp.
• Work one on one with a skilled advisor, including a visit from the Yitro faculty advisor during the summer.
• Build a network of colleagues from Jewish camps across North America
We are thrilled to announce the Yitro III cohort:
David Berlin, Camp Judaea
Adam Broms, Capital Camps
Erica Feinman, Wilshire Boulevard Temple Camps
Becca Goldman, Camp Tel Noar
Brett Hausler, URJ Crane Lake Camp
Matt Levitt, Ramah Outdoor Adventure
Simone Lindenbaum, Eden Village Camp
Gabe Miner, Pinemere Camp
Elizabeth P.G. Hirsch, URJ Eisner Camp
Julia Paeglis, Camp Young Judaea-Texas
Benjamin Panet , Camp Sabra
Ari Perten, Camp Ramah in the Berkshires
Ben Portnoy, Camp Tevya
Shoshi Rothschild, Camp Kinneret-Biluim
Dayna Schwartz, Camp B'nai Brith of Montreal
Stacy Schwartz Frazier, Camp Airy & Camp Louise
Julia Smirnova, Camp Tel Yehudah
Rachael Speck, Emma Kaufmann Camp
Louis Stromberg, B'nai B'rith Perlman Camp
Carly Uslan, Camp Max Straus
Jonah Wagan, Camp Interlaken
Rachel Waldorf, URJ Goldman Union Camp Institute (GUCI)
Questions? Please contact Julie Finkelstein, Senior Program Manager: Email: Julie@jewishcamp.org Phone: 646-278-4519
One Happy Camper
Please see all the One Happy Camper contacts below.
Still have questions?
Give us a call 888-888-4819
or email us at
“JData provided us with solid research to bring to our board and community, which helped us create marketing materials for our rebranding launch. It also provided facts behind our success which helped make our case to new families.”
– J. M., Canadian Young Judaea