Mission & Vision
The Foundation for Jewish Camp unifies and galvanizes the field of Jewish overnight camp and significantly increases the number of children participating in transformative summers at Jewish camp, assuring a vibrant North American Jewish community.
Summers at Jewish overnight camp turn Jewish youth into spirited and engaged Jewish adults, laying the groundwork for strong Jewish communities. The Foundation for Jewish Camp aspires to elevate the field of Jewish camp, conferring proper recognition and granting appropriate support to expand its impact across our community, so that camp can be a critical element of every Jewish young person's education.
As we look toward the future, we support our mission and vision with four areas of focus:
- Camper Acquisition: Grow Enrollment
- Program Excellence: Foster Retention
- Leadership Development: Ensure a Strong Future
- Community Engagement: Achieve Sustainability
We have outlined new priorities to support these areas of focus:
- Addressing affordability: FJC is engaged in Project SABABA, a feasibility study measuring the interest in and viability of a more accessible camp model.
- Fostering connections: Creating avenues for camps to link with schools, communities, and synagogues to share educational best practices and drive enrollment growth.
- Increasing Awareness: Promoting Jewish camp through a national ad campaign and increase/improve the use of technology across the field.
- Creating innovative programming: Cutting-edge educational development to enhance Jewish, Israel, and general program content.
Help us acheive our mission: to increase the number of children attending Jewish camp.Contribute
Accelerate your camp staff’s professional growth or develop your own career in Jewish camp with programs and fellowships, designed to assist the full scope of camp professionals.Find out more
See our success!
Check out our Annual Report and learn how FJC influences the world of Jewish campAnnual Report