Yitro Leadership Program
Thanks to the generous support of the AVI CHAI Foundation, the Foundation for Jewish Camp has successfully completed the third cohort of the Yitro Leadership Program. To date, 54 outstanding camp professionals graduated from the program, which provides training for Jewish camp assistant and associate directors from a diverse cross section of resident Jewish summer camps. Yitro aims to give fellows the skills and resources to enhance the Jewish experience at their home camp.
Over the course of nineteen months, participants convene for five sessions of intensive training. Using experts and recognized leaders from various disciplines, the program challenges the fellows to widen their lens of Jewish leadership in order to enhance the Jewish culture and experience at their home camps. Furthermore, the Yitro Leadership Program builds a network of camp assistant and associate directors who support one another in developing their skills as Jewish leaders and educators.
Yitro III Participants:
- Experience personal and professional growth in order to improve the Jewish experience at their home camp for their campers and staff.
- Hone skills regarding camp staff leadership development, supervision, management and mentorship, while exploring Jewish foundations of these skills.
- Engage in conversation of the vision and mission of his/her camp with his/her camp director.
- Create and implement an individual an action plan in consultation with the Yitro faculty and his/her camp director, focused specifically on enhancing Jewish life at camp.
- Work one on one with a skilled advisor, including a visit from the Yitro faculty advisor during the summer.
- Build a network of colleagues from Jewish camps across North America
Questions? Please contact Julie Finkelstein, Senior Program Manager: